Monday, November 3, 2008

sweet hearts on fire

holy crap. thanks to all of you who have left comments about my last angry post. i never knew anybody really read me, but i knew i couldn't afford the 200$/week for therapy. i didn't want to bother anyone by talking about it, so here i came.

while i realize the importance of maintaining your humor and high spirits, sometimes that can wear you down just as much as treatment.

i hope i didn't come off as a total crank, but dammit....i really did consider getting one of those bozo clown punching bags. but i swear to you, the way i'm feeling, it wouldn't last 10 minutes with me. i'd punch it, then pin it down and stab it with a fork. repeatedly.

...i'ma go on craigslist and find one!

and, to flanthrower, please tell your mom that it is largely due to women like her that help us get through it. my diagnosing doctor was a real piece of work -horrible, cold bedside manner. i ended up using my mom's oncologist who was an angel (props to doc weisman), but his nurses and staff got me through the hours, days, months, years. thank her for me, please.

cheers to you all. go fix yourself a mimosa and know that you're always invited to deeannland.



love to you all. i swear, i'm right there with you.

1 comment:

jan in nagasaki said...

i came over from yarn a go-go and read your angry post. you didn't come across as a total crank. You came across as a very grounded person with very wise words. I hope that i learned from it and don't say stupid things...your words should be on a pamphlet that doctors hand out... to every body!!!