Tuesday, November 4, 2008

OMG 08ama!

no quotes, songs, or movies tonite, folks.
i'm almost too jazzed to type.  i don't know what is more thrilling: president obama, or ...the fact that mccain and palin got their collective asses WHIPPED. 
ladies and gentlemen,
History.
you may not have been alive to witness the coming on of television, integrated schools, or microwave popcorn, but look around and feel this and don't stop paying attention.  
my hopeful cynic has been elevated.  
i'm satisfied for now.
i still want to see a woman in the office.  i want to live long enough to see the differences between a *(%)#$(*#&$, a ($(*$@$$#*%&!, Obama, and a woman.

i'm proud that the polling stations were packed.  in all of my  years of voting, i've never seen this kind of comeback and it makes my heart swell.  
i also kind of get a warm, wet feeling because i'm looking at mccain and palin on tv right now...here's what pleases me:
1. cindy mccain can self-medicate now without the interference of the press.  burn, baby, burn.
2. Palin is deflating before my very eyes.  i couldn't have asked for better coverage of her demise.  
3. mccain will die soon.
4. and then his wife can self-medicate without the interference of anybody.

when i turned 18, one of the first things i did was register to vote.  not buy a lottery ticket or get a tattoo.  i couldn't wait! 
i always said that i love this country, but the government scares the shit out of me.

my theory used to be: apathy reigns.  i'm re-thinking that.

and now...i must look at the local initiatives.  fingers, toes, eyes crossed.

my best to you all.  and----my thanks.


No comments: