Tuesday, November 11, 2008

dee ann's dating rules, an on-going list

~'From the Hip', by Lloyd Cole because he makes resignation sound like a relief instead of a surrendering of standards.

~"Actions lie louder than words." -Carolyn Wells

~Notorious - does anyone in that movie get what phenomenal job Bergman's Alicia did? Talk about above and beyond in the name of sacrifice. How far do you go for a country of men?


hi gang. this list, i predict, will get longer, the longer i live. if any of you have anything to add, hit me up. spoken or unspoken, i'm sure we all have our yes, no, and maybes.
so,

This one goes out to the date who did nothing:

>Don’t pinch my knee. I'm ticklish there. Ticklish is not playful; it's annoying.
>Don't ask me a question that you want to answer.
>Don't give me a ride home. That's creepy. Besides, you're never going to get lucky with the car running in front of my apartment complex.
>Let's try something different: Assume that I'm intelligent.
>Do not ogle other women while you're sitting with me.
>I can smell it on you: There's no need to tell me that you make a lot of money. What I want to know is if your soul is intact.
...Even if I threw a headache party, you still wouldn't be invited.

hate to seem, with all of my 'don't do' that i'm being pessimistic and negative. to counteract that, maybe my next list will be full of 'do do'. same difference, ain't it?

cheers. stay light. clink. slink.

No comments: