Monday, June 2, 2008

the waft of turds

~"It feels so good to be so gone." -Miracle Legion, because i recently left a very bad job and now i'm taking some time to fall in love with my city again.

~'Why Get Up?' by the Fabulous Thunderbirds because they are fabulous and kim wilson makes funny snoring sounds.  makes me laugh everytime. and, hello, jimmie vaughn!

~Waiting for Guffman, because it's absolutely BRILLIANT that christopher guest is wearing a judy tenuta t-shirt.  spot on brilliant.

hello pals!  pull up a drink.  sit for a spell.

i made pancakes from scratch this morning.  my dog, Potato, was v. happy with me.  and i'm making homemade chocolate chip cookies as i type this.  because i can.

back from a weekend in petaluma to visit my sister.  she has a horse named Tequila that is staying at a farm that has goats and ponies and pigs, oh my.  all you have to do is say the word 'goat' to me and watch me light up like a goddamned xmas tree.  i love the little fuckers. so we went to dillon beach with our dogs.  beaches are good for my soul.  i require them.  then we headed to this tiny place called Bloomfield Bees that sells all of these amazin' honey products...on the HONOR system!  can ya beat that?  pick out what you want, leave your money in the jar.
 then we went to the farm. and because my sister rocks, she named one of the piglets Tallulah. i got to say something here: pigs reek.   but here's the deal: i was walking the other day, sun was shining, and i was generally maintaining my love affair with san francisco.  i approached market and hyde and had to start breathing through my mouth.  even that couldn't mask the smell.  it was as if the entire community in that 'hood had gathered and agreed to take a monstrous dump.  ay, papi!  and it smelled just like the piggies.  so i'm wondering if the bad people smell is like the pigs', or if pigs smell like bad people.  i'm not gonna get weird on you, babe, but what is it with this stinkin' town and feces?  

anyhow.  see the pics from my petaluma trip.  i was going to trash on Sex & The City (i wish to gawd that movie would leave town) today, but i'm in too good of a mood.  if you like a good tirade of intolerance, ask me about Sex & The City.  in other words, come back tomorrow.

thanks for playing!
cheers.


No comments: