Thursday, June 12, 2008

~"I hope that I won't be that wrong anymore, but maybe I've learned this time.  I hope that I find what I'm reaching for, the way that it is in my mind...but I won't let it change me, not if I can.  I'd rather believe in love and give it away as much as I can to those that I'm fondest of." -Waylon Jennings, the Cowboy Junkies, because i feel tenderness toward many and  got a lot of love to give

~'Southern Girl' by Incubus, because it's a slow, but urgent invitation to passion
~Year of the Dog with Molly Shannon, because i completely understand her neurosis and applaud the character's every move, laughing.

hey gang.  pull up a drink.  
the state of our nation has got me into a bit of a lather.  i won't go into politics with this...whatsit? blog, 'cause that's private to me.  i vote. i get excited to vote. but i tend to walk away with my hands on my cheeks and shaking my head, fingers crossed.  i couldn't wait to turn 18 so that i could vote.  and i've always voted.  but i'm a cynic.  BUT i'm a hopeful cynic.  politics. 
today, i drove to Colma to pick up Potato's ashes.  very strange.  he's in a box the size of a recipe card holder.  i didn't know what to do. the weather was hot, the way i like it, so we drove.  i had no idea where i was going, not caring when i didn't recognize the neighborhoods, but we ended up at the Golden Gate.  so i parked, pulled his little box out and carried him across the Bridge for one last time.  
may i ask you something???  why the FUCK don't people make an effort to scoot or move when they see you coming?  limited walking space means that you drop back and make room...not so apparently.  i knocked shoulders with no fewer than 8 people today.  i've got my best buddy in a box- don't fucking elbow me.  i guess i was a little sensitive.  i didn't cry!  ok then so i walked back to the rental car, and drove over the bridge because i thought i'd want to go to stinson beach.  i got tired of the twists of the road so decided to make a turn-around when next i could.  turns out it was the pelican inn.  i have certain, sad, thoughts about that place, but i stopped anyhow.  lousy fish n' chips and a glorious smithwick's with my best buddy in a box next to me.  i was this [   ]  close to getting a room there so that i could just drink all nite.  but i've an interview in the city in the morning that i reeeeaaaally want to nail.

this blog has turned extremely boring.  i promise to be less "i" and more "other".  i put myself to sleep.. bless anyone who bothers to read it.

best to you and yours.  cheers,
d - p = 0

No comments: