Thursday, April 2, 2009

tenderness of absence or vice versa

~'Sleepwalk' by Santo & Johnny because when i find a fella who thinks this song is as romantic as i do, i'll know he's worth some of my time.

~Sexy Beast for the way Gal looks at DeeDee like she's the most precious woman on the planet. et cetera and so on.

~"Back off, I'm beautiful." -Ray Winstone as Gal. An attitude i'd like to adopt.


hi gang. on my way out, so i'll just drop a quick one.
thanks for playing! clink!

~~~~

A quiet country dinner

words: table & clasp


She placed a ham on the kitchen table.

Earlier that month, you and I made love on that table. Neither of us said a word, but felt the same ache, the same thrill, the same shame curdle inside.
You filled the mason jars as I laid out mustard-oil apricots.

You opened the window and earth's golden hour filled the room.

She bid you to say grace.

I smoothed the cloth in my lap, closed my eyes, placed my clasped hands to my lips.

'Thank You for this bounty we are about to receive'


She stood with a loud push of her chair.

I could tell, the way a woman always can,

by the way she carved the ham

that she knew.

1 comment:

patriciacaspers said...

I've had the "Bless us oh lord" prayer stuck in my head for two days. Weird little thing to get caught there.